Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Habitat for Humanity, 4200 Kingston Rd.

Tidbit break!
Flooring panels have black lines drawn on one side, and usually tongue-and-groove edges. These differentiate them from “wall panels” OSB (?) which have their gridlines inked on in green, and have green edging. One of their other key differences; the wall panels are thinner.

March 2nd
Flooring: what a day! I was helping Caroline hang(?) TGI beams from joist hangers (does the verb I’m using make sense?) in the morning, until circumstances changed, and there wasn’t quite room for me in that group any more. So I moved up to the second floor, and bugged Bruce and Roger until they got me helping to lay down the floor panels. (BTW, it’s still 3+ layer and coat weather out). The highlight of the day came when, in his efforts to get the tongue and groove matching on one the floor panels and the corresponding panel it fit into, Bruce was instructing us to turn it this way and that, flip it, etc. When we finally put it down, put the sealant on (was it Lumber Lock?) and nailed it down, we stepped back to inspect our work on that panel. “Uh, Bruce? Should I be able to read the words that say ‘this side down’? Tell me again why we flipped this panel over?”

No comments: